Gabby Pease
1.6.10
One of the books I read this year is called Make Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff.
Make lemonade is about a girl named LaVaughn who needs to start saving money for college because she lives in the ghetto and she wants to get out. She starts baby sitting for a 17 year old girl named jolly that has two kids and she ends up helping her get a better life by getting her to go back to school, and take classes for young moms. LaVaughns mom isn’t too happy about her babysitting because LaVuaghns grades drop and she starts saying ain’t. All in all LaVaughn grows to love the kids and becomes friends with jolly.
The genre is contemporary fiction. The main characters are LaVaughn, Jolly, and Jolly’s kids. This story makes me think of my life because of how LaVaughn wants to go to college and she does all she can to do so. I haven’t exactly done that but when the time comes I will because I want to go to college and get a good education. My rating for this book is about a 10 because it is telling you what a lot of people go through daily. I would recommend this book for Adriana.

Make your own Glitter Graphics![]()
what do you want for christmas?
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
my book review
Posted by don't hate me at 10:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Excellent book review, Gabby! I think you did a perfect job of summarizing!
-Ms. Chanin
Post a Comment